Join the Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care and make a lasting impact on cancer in Wyoming!
In the heart of Central Wyoming, WFCC seeks a Development Director to join us in our mission impact of lessening the burden of cancer on Wyoming residents. In Wyoming, we are proud to take care of our own. We believe in the spirit of the West and supporting those cancer patients in our community who are in need.
We seek a creative, highly personable, development leader with demonstrated fundraising success, knowledge of donor development programs, and ideally with experience in communications, planning and marketing.
Join our team today! Please apply by reviewing the below job description and submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop, implement, and grow a comprehensive donor development program to communicate the WFCC needs for financial and volunteer support to the general public, including but not limited to: past, current, and potential donors, community members, affiliated organizations, and elected officials. Develop and implement strategic communication plans to promote public awareness and drive broader support and greater understanding of the WFCC.
The Board of Directors
Minimum Educational/Certification Qualifications:
B.A./B.S. Degree in business, marketing, administration, communication or a related field is required. 5 years experience and/or training in multi-media communications, grant writing, non-profit marketing, event planning and fund development preferred.
● Develop and maintain key relationships within the community to foster and create a sustained base of annual giving.
● Oversee the base of charitable giving for WFCC for individual, corporate, and private foundation gifts, which include but is not limited to: grant research, grant writing, compliance with awarded grants, annual fundraising events, development planning, and market strategizing.
● Promote, protect, and enhance WFCC’s brand reputation through management of internal and external communications and resources, including but not limited to: messaging via website, social media, events and newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and other scheduled communications with staff and donors, and community partners.
● Coordinate with the Board to follow and maintain an annual budget regarding grant monies, compliance, and fundraising events.
● Oversee, maintain, and develop donor databases and tracking software to keep an accurate log of donor information and activity, provide necessary reports, and process and acknowledge gifts.
● Successfully plan, organize, and execute one major annual fundraising event appropriately utilizing staff and volunteers, and coordinate other fundraising opportunities as they become available. Flexible works hours are necessary during peak fundraising times. Some weekends and evenings are required.
● Manage capital campaigns including: setting goals and objectives, creating presentation materials, identifying and cultivating prospective donors, solicitation, developing recognition programs and follow-up.
● Partner with and direct contracted firms as necessary to achieve marketing goals.
● Work with the Rocky Mountain Oncology Center staff to create, plan and develop necessary promotion/presentation materials for cancer screenings to educate the community about cancer risks and prevention.
● Develop and coordinate volunteer opportunities in collaboration with staff to create community engagement and satisfy volunteer needs.
● Must attend board meetings, staff meetings, team meetings, training sessions, and other required meetings on time and as scheduled.
● Respect the cultural diversity and dignity of others and treat them with fairness and courtesy.
● Must follow all policies and procedures of the WFCC.
● Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
● Must be self-reliant, a good problem solver, and results oriented.
● Ability to analyze and interpret data to develop effective strategies and action plans.
● Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
● Extensive computer experience and ability, including in depth knowledge of MS Office and the ability to utilize creative software for development of professional marketing materials.
● Ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with a wide variety of people including patients, families, staff members and community members in order to promote positive relationships within the work setting and community.
● Ability to multi-task and manage large and small projects without supervision.
● Must maintain a high level of confidentiality relative to all WFCC matters.
● Must be reliable, organized, and detail oriented.
● Represent WFCC in a professional manner.
● Must be able to work in a variety of positions, including but not limited to: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, sitting, etc.
● Must be able to lift 35 lbs. unassisted.
● Must be able to tolerate air conditioned buildings and fluorescent lights.
● Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment.
● Must be able to hear and process ordinary conversation, telephone conversation, and quiet sounds with or without aid.
● Must be able and willing to drive to meet job requirements.
● Must be able to operate and use equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
THESE ARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO
MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.