Make Sure You Can Connect With Us
(even with the recent changes to Facebook)
We at the Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care feel it is important for you to receive information on the cause, local events, and news updates through our Facebook page. Facebook has changed its algorithm recently and the changes may prevent you from seeing important updates from our us in your feed.
We have a solution! Facebook makes these types of changes often. Although we’re not sure yet how this will affect your daily Facebook habits, there’s a way to make sure that you continue to see posts from us because they are important to you. Here’s how:
ON A MOBILE DEVICE
- Log into your Facebook account and click on the three horizontal lines on the top right or bottom right (depending on phone type) of your screen.
- This will open a new page with options like “Discover People,” “Events” and “Crisis Response.” Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says “Help and Settings” and click on “News Feed Preferences.”
- This will open a new page with more menu options, including “Prioritize who to see first,” “Unfollow people,” and “Reconnect with people you unfollowed.”
- Click “Prioritize who to see first.”
- You’ll see a list of Facebook pages and profiles that you already like. Hopefully, your favorite news outlet is in there somewhere.
- Scroll through the list and click on pages that publish the news that you want to keep seeing on a regular basis. The pages you choose will get a blue star in the lower right corner of their logo. Our Facebook page is called Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care.
ON A DESKTOP COMPUTER
The steps for choosing what to see first while you’re using a desktop computer are similar.
- First, log into your Facebook page and click the down arrow in the upper right corner of your screen. This will reveal a menu with a bunch of good stuff like your profile settings and payment options.
- In this menu, click on “News Feed Preferences.”
- A box will appear with even more menu items. Click on “Prioritize who to see first.”
- Choose the pages you’d like to see first in your News Feed. The pages you choose will get a blue star icon in the upper right corner of their logo. Our Facebook page is called Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care.
**Stories and videos from the pages you choose will appear first in your News Feed across all your devices.**